Contract Activity Lead
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Manage and facilitate Generation SERVE volunteer activities (training provided)
- Effectively communicate activity tasks and instructions to a diverse audience
- Facilitate short discussions about volunteerism and the issue areas the projects are addressing
- Perform pre- and post- activity tasks that may include manual labor
- Professionally represent Generation SERVE and its branded family volunteering experience
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with both children and adults
- Comfortable assuming a leadership role with both small and large groups of families
- Detail oriented and extremely organized
- Trustworthy and dependable
- Desire to work on the weekends
- Attend the mandatory activity lead trainings (held approximately 4x/year)
- Ability to stand for sustained periods of time
- Ability to lift activity materials up to 50 lbs.
- Must have access to car/vehicle or reliable transportation
- Consent to and successfully pass a background check
WORK SCHEDULE AND COMPENSATION:
- Minimum commitment of two (2) activities a month. You can choose your activities from our calendar each month.
- Activities are typically in the late afternoon/early evening on the weekdays and all day long on weekends
- Average activity runs 1.5–2.5 hours depending on volunteer activity and set up/tear down required
- 1099 Contractor Position paying $25.00-$37.50 per activity.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Charli Krause, Generation SERVE Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.