Calling all energetic detail oriented hosts! If you love working with people, helping them realize their potential while making a difference in your community, then the Activity Lead & Family Engagement Specialist position is for you!
The Activity Lead & Family Engagement Specialist compliments the work of the Weekend Monitor & Activity Coordinator. Responsible for scheduling and training Activity Leads, the Activity Lead & Family Engagement Specialist is immersed in Generation SERVE hospitality and education.
The Activity Lead & Family Engagement Specialist organizes regular meetings and training for the leads to keep them updated on partner missions, needs, and talking points that help facilitate family conversations about important and difficult issues.
Additionally, the Activity Lead & Family Engagement Specialist is responsible for helping to troubleshoot with activity leads, volunteer management, activity directions, etc. With the experience of meeting families during activities and working with Activity Leads, the Activity Lead & Family Engagement Specialist will work to connect families with new volunteer opportunities that match their interests and keep families engaged and volunteering.
In this position you will have the opportunity to network with many nonprofit organizations, learn about volunteer management, program evaluation, families and children, and education.
A Generation SERVE AmeriCorps member in this position will be engaging and like working with people, excited to motivate youth, understand how to provide feedback, be organized, and have a passion for community service. This is a 25 to 30 hour position and requires evening and weekend work.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Research local nonprofts and their needs
- Manage and facilitate Generation SERVE group activities (training provided)
- Effectively communicate activity tasks and instructions to a diverse audience
- Facilitate short discussions about volunteerism and the service areas the projects are addressing
- Perform pre- and post- activity tasks that may include manual labor
- Professionally represent Generation SERVE and its branded family volunteering experience
- Engage with families to learn about their interests and direct them to new volunteer opportunities to help them develop a love of volunteering
- Engage with Activity Leads to help them troubleshoot activity logistics and engaging families in meaningful conversations
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with both children and adults
- Comfortable leading both small and large groups of families
- Trustworthy and dependable
- Detail oriented and extremely organized
- Flexible availability including evenings and weekends
- Ability to stand for sustained periods of time
- Ability to lift activity materials up to 50 lbs
- Must have access to car/vehicle or reliable transportation
- Consent to and successfully pass a background check
WORK SCHEDULE & COMPENSATION
- This position requires 30 hours per week with a 900 hour commitment from September through May 2023.
- A living stipend is paid through our AmeriCorps partner Equal Heart, with an educational bonus upon completed requirements.
- This position will have the ability to make their own schedule for hours needed to complete work that is outside Saturday and Sunday program hours.